WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26
Scripture: Revelation 9:13-21
As the sixth trumpet unfolds, more judgment is released. Verse 18 says, “By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed—by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths.” Three chapters after destroying one fourth of the earth’s population the Lord intervenes again this time destroying a third of the population. In Revelation chapters 6 and 9 we read that exactly one half of earth’s population is destroyed. 25% is judged in chapter six, leaving 75%: one-third of the 75% remaining is terminated in chapter 9, leaving 50%. Within 3 chapters we have exactly one-half of earth’s population terminated. If that were to begin today, we would see the loss of three and one-half billion people. How much of a harvest field do we get? How much hindrance is there to that harvest? Why does the Lord terminate in such large measure? Verses 20 and 21 give us the answer. The ones terminated refused to repent! The thought that people can watch the loss of one fourth of earth’s population and still not choose to repent is stunning. They will see another third taken and still refuse to repent. The end-times are full of divine judgment resulting from God’s intervention and man’s refusal to repent. Preparing the church to walk in the last days dictates that we teach every believer how to walk with the God who terminates and how to bring Him on the scene. Anything less does not prepare the church for what is ahead.