When surveys show a departure from biblical morality over issues that God promises the judgment of death and destruction, then we know devastation looms large in our future! Is there hope for America or are we about to join Rome on the ash-heap of history?
The first of eight major themes of the Bible as outlined in the Thomas Nelson Study Bible is the issue of God’s faithfulness to believers. Beginning in the Old Testament, it presents a picture of faithfulness:
1) Isaiah 49:7 says, “Thus says the Lord, The Redeemer of Israel, their Holy One, To Him whom man despises, To Him whom the nation abhors, To the Servant of rulers: ‘Kings shall see and arise, Princes also shall worship, Because of the Lord who is faithful, The Holy One of Israel; And He has chosen You.’” Faithfulness inspires worship.
2) Lamentations 3:22-26, “Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. ‘The Lord is my portion,’ says my soul, ‘Therefore I hope in Him!’ The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord.” Faithfulness is great.
3) Psalm 89:2, “For I have said, ‘Mercy shall be built up forever; Your faithfulness You shall establish in the very heavens.’” Faithfulness is incomparable.
Psalm 89:8, ‘UNFAILING,’ “O Lord God of hosts, Who is mighty like You, O Lord? Your faithfulness also surrounds You.” Faithfulness is unfailing.
Psalm 89:33, “Nevertheless My lovingkindness I will not utterly take from him, Nor allow My faithfulness to fail.” Faithfulness is infinite.
4) Psalm 36:5, “Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.”
5) Psalm 119:90, “Your faithfulness endures to all generations; You established the earth, and it abides.”
In the New Testament, His faithfulness continues giving us great hope:
1) 1 Corinthians 1:9, “God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”
2) 1 Thessalonians 5:24, “He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.”
3) 2 Timothy 2:13, “If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.”
4) Hebrews 10:23, “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.”
5) 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
6) 2 Thessalonians 3:3, “But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.”
7) 1 Peter 4:19, “Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.”
8) Ephesians 1:1, “Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:…”
9) Colossians 1:2, “To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”
10) 1 Timothy 1:12, “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry,…”
11) Revelation 17:14, “These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”
All these verses give us hope God will hear and answer us to save!